The Tenderloin has and continues to have a history as a unique hub in San Francisco for artistic expression to grow. Organizations such as Cutting Ball Theater, the Tenderloin Museum, Counterpulse, Piano Fight, the Trans Cultural District and many storefront galleries have found home and belonging here. Also many long-standing community art spaces such as the Tenderloin National Forest have long called the Tenderloin home.
In recent months, individuals that are a part of these organizations such as Rick Darnel and Grey Tartaglione at Counterpulse as well as Jesse Bie and Janesta Edmonds at SAFEhouse Arts, have begun planning The Tenderloin Arts Festival which would match local artists with site specific locations that are lobbies, landmarks or performance spaces in an effort to strengthen the creative and cultural intersections that makes the Tenderloin unique and to fortify stronger interdependent connections between artists, the tenderloin community, its inhabitants as well as the organizations that exist within it. This Festival is an opportunity to rejuvenate and celebrate the vibrant spirit and history that is the Tenderloin and it is our intention to highlight the many unique non-traditional spaces and people who should be celebrated in this neighborhood everyday.
There are multiple ways to contribute to the success of this Festival :
1. Donation Based Contributions:
- With a donation of $500 you will receive List your workshop, exhibition, or performance on our event calendar and press release
- With a donation of $1000 your organization can recieve ogo placement on relevant web pages & promotional materials
- With a donation of $2500 you will be offered space for recognition at opening reception or performance
2. In-Kind Donations: Become a partner by donating the following:
- Space: Make your venue available to host events, rehearsals, or performances
- Materials: Donate art supplies and crafting products for our workshops
- Hospitality: We are looking for caterers, food, or water to provide to our artists and attendees
- On- Street Services: Help us provide navigational resources for our community in the Tenderloin
We hope that you may be able to contribute to this collaborative effort in engaging and highlighting the Tenderloin Community.
If you’d like to join our team, design an experience, or produce an event as part of the Tenderloin Arts Festival, please contact TLArtsfest@gmail.com
The Tenderloin Arts Festival is a collaborative project of CounterPulse and Safehouse Arts