Dancers’ Group and CounterPULSE have teamed up to present 2nd Sundays, a series of free salons where artists share work and dialogue with audience members and fellow artists.
The upcoming proposal deadline is for the Fall season, which runs from September through December. Selected artists each present up to 10 minutes of work followed by a facilitated in-depth conversation between the artists and the audience about the work. This program is an ideal opportunity to gain useful feedback about works-in-progress, or to delve deeper into completed work.
- 2nd Sundays is presented in a bare studio setting with neutral lighting – the focus is on the work, not on theatrical presentation. Each artist will be given a short period of time in the space to run material, but there is no formal tech.
- All artists selected for the Fall 2010 series are responsible for attending a one-hour orientation meeting on June 29, 2010 at 5-6pm.
- Artists are responsible for attending two of the other three programs during the series (we encourage you to participate in all of the season’s events if possible).
- Artists assist in spreading the word about the event – we have found that word of mouth from the artists generates an invested and informed audience.
- 2nd Sundays takes place at CounterPULSE on the second Sunday of the month at 2pm.
- An honorarium of $100 is available to each group.
How to Apply:
We encourage artists working in all movement forms to apply, and those who have participated in previous 2nd Sundays can apply with new or reworked pieces.
Proposals can be submitted here.
Deadline: May 31, 2010
If you have questions about the program or application process, please contact Kegan Marling at 415-920-9181 or firstname.lastname@example.org.