The House Artists Program supports artists and companies by offering a suite of financial, outreach, and facilities services. The curated artist roster includes a set creators, performance companies, and organizations whose creative vision aligns with that of CounterPulse. Together we work to nurture risk-taking, assumption-shattering art of, by, and for diverse communities.
This comprehensive program serves as a nesting place and launching pad for artists. We provide the home base for these artists and advocate for their work to increase the range of their reach. Robust fiscal oversight is at the core of the program to to provide the solid foundation on which to build creative work. We offer ongoing rehearsal space to facilitate regular practice. CounterPulse is committed to supporting the development of our House artists by connecting them with our community and expanding the reach of their work to new audiences, presenters, and arts professionals.
The program offers the following services:
- Financial: CounterPulse offers a range of fiscal services including: check writing; receiving donations, grants and earned income; tracking and issuing 1099’s; tax-deductible donation acknowledgement; affordable liability insurance for events; quarterly finance statements; and we provide consultation, sponsorship, and administration of grant applications.
- Outreach: We provide visibility on CounterPulse’s website and in email announcements, and will explore additional outreach partnerships that might be engineered with the artist. When possible, staff will attend the artist’s events, help recruit volunteers when desired, and help to spread word-of-mouth on current project activities.
- Facilities: House Artists receive 5hr/month of free rehearsal time at CounterPulse during non-peak hours, as well as member discount rates on additional rehearsal time. We also waive ticketing fees and gallery fees to artists producing at CounterPulse, and in the coming year we will be looking into additional ways to support artists rehearsing or producing work at CounterPulse.
CounterPulse is not accepting applications for the House Artists Program at this time. Click here to see our current roster.
Helpful Documents for Current House Artists:
- House Artists Program: Policy Manual
- Budget Template
- FS Deposit Form
- In-Kind Acknowledgment Request
- FS Work Invoice Cover Sheet
- Sample Invoice Form
- Request for Reimbursement
- W9 Tax Form