Current Open Calls
ArtSpan Art-in-Neighborhoods Exhibitions at CounterPulse
Submit to this open call to be considered for an upcoming solo/dual ArtSpan Art-in-Neighborhoods Exhibitions at CounterPulse this September 2020 through February 2021 (End date TBA). The selection process will prioritize artists who are thinking site-specifically and/or artworks that are experimental in content or form. The primary installation areas are white walls throughout the three-floor lobby gallery, please CLICK HERE for specifications, and consider the dimensions of the walls with the works you submit.
- Location: CounterPulse, 80 Turk St, San Francisco, CA 94102
- Submissions Deadline: Monday, August 21 @ 11:59pm
- Artist Notifications: Friday, September 4, 2020
- Artwork Installation Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2020
- Exhibition Dates: September 16, 2020 – February 2021 (End date TBA)
- Artist Virtual Reception: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 *Artists must be available to participate virtually via Zoom*
- Artwork Pick-up Date: February 2021 (TBA)
- Sales: Sales will be processed through ArtSpan with 80% commission going to the artist and 20% going to ArtSpan.
The CounterPulse Co-Production program is open to all genres of performing artists, ensembles, companies, collectives, etc. looking to stage completed works as part of our Fall or Spring curated seasons. As a co-producing artist, CounterPulse partners with your by offering access to space, resources, marketing, and production support at subsidized rates to bring your work to stage.
Applications accepted on an ongoing basis
Photo of Kim Ip/Krimm’s Dance Party in “ceremonious present” by Robbie Sweeny