There could be no CounterPulse without Black artists and members of our community.
We want to do whatever we can in the fight for racial justice and protecting Black lives.
We will be updating this webpage with additional resources and ways to to help.
CounterPulse encourages all of us to do our part in taking action through whatever means are accessible.
Please email us at email@example.com with additional resources and ways our organization can help.
Additional causes you could donate to now:
• TGI Justice, a San Francisco-based nonprofit organization working to end human rights abuses against transgender, intersex, and gender-variant people, particularly trans women of color in California prisons and detention centers.
• The Bay Area Anti-Repression Committee (ARC) stands against political repression and is in solidarity with all those who challenge the state, capitalism and other forms of systemic oppression and domination.
• The San Francisco Bay Area National Lawyers Guild, provides legal support for those protesting and organizing against injustice
• The Bail Project, a nonprofit that aims to mitigate incarceration rates through bail reform.
• Black Visions Collective, a black, trans, and queer-led social justice organization and legal fund based in Minneapolis-St. Paul.
• A Gas Mask Fund for black youth activists in Minneapolis is raising money to buy gas masks for demonstrators who’ve faced tear gas during protests.
• The NAACP Legal Defense Fund, which supports racial justice through advocacy, litigation, and education.
• Communities United Against Police Brutality, which operates a crisis hotline where people can report abuse; offers legal, medical, and psychological resource referrals; and engages in political action against police brutality.
• Northstar Health Collective, a St. Paul–based organization that provides health services and support at protests.
• Free Them All for Public Health, which aims to free incarcerated people amid the coronavirus pandemic, is raising money for people who have been arrested during New York City protests over the weekend. What doesn’t go toward local bail will reportedly be sent to other cities, and COVID Bailout NYC.
• The Atlanta Solidarity Fund is raising bail and bond money for jailed protestors in Atlanta.
• No New Jails NYC aims to keep the city from constructing new jails, and to instead divert funds that currently go toward the police and incarceration toward housing, ending homelessness, mental health, and other community support systems.
• Fair Fight, an organization founded by Stacey Abrams that aims to end voter suppression and equalize voting rights and access for fairer elections.