2nd Sundays will be taking a break during Fall 2012, Spring 2013, and Summer 2013, look for updates during the Fall of 2013.
Dancers’ Group and CounterPULSE have teamed up to present 2nd Sundays, a series of free salons where artists share work and dialogue with audience members and fellow artists. We see this as an exciting opportunity to advance discussion of the craft and hope you’ll join us for the conversation.
- Each season of 2nd Sundays (Feb. – May & Sept. – Dec.) includes 4 monthly showings where artists present up to 10 minutes of material with 2 fellow choreographers followed by a facilitated in-depth conversation between the artists and the audience about the work.
- 2nd Sundays is presented in a bare studio setting with neutral lighting–the focus is on the work, not on theatrical presentation. Each artist has a short period of time in the space to run material, but there is no formal tech.
- During each showing, three artists show their work.
- All artists are responsible for attending one orientation meeting and two of the other three programs during the season (of course attending all 4 showings is encouraged), where they will be asked to help with distributing programs and the setup/clearing of the space.
- Artists are responsible for spreading the word about the event – word of mouth from the artists generates an invested and informed audience.
- An honorarium of $100 is available to each group.
- This program is an ideal opportunity for artists to gain useful feedback about works-in-progress, or to re-visit and delve deeper into completed work.
We encourage artists working in all movement forms to apply, and those who have participated in previous 2nd Sundays are encouraged to apply with new or reworked pieces.