Dimensionality in Dance
The class focus will be on constraints and freedoms across a physical range. With this in mind, we’ll visit classical CI elements such as tone, structure, surprise, engagement and resistance. We’ll also play with numbers, both in partnering and perceptions.
Michael McDougall is a dancer and mover from San Francisco Bay Area. He’s big on awareness of somatic delight and surprise, attention to the sensory processes, and contact improvisation as a social dance form. His background includes physiology and body reading, bunches of physics and maths, psychology, and conversation as an ephemeral artform.
An art space for contact and improvisation, experimentation and inquiry. Tuesday nights jams are a focused forum for movers and shakers: experimentation is welcome, be it in physical, sociological, performative, or compositional realms. Each improvisor is responsible for their own choices. Each jam is cooked up by those who show up.
- Class: 6:30PM-8PM, Jam: 8PM-11:30PM
- All levels, including beginners
- Classes are drop-in, no RSVP necessary
- In the upstairs studio at CounterPulse, ring the doorbell for entrance
- $15 Single Class, $5 Single Jam, $18 for both
- Read Contact Improvisation Jam Guidelines for more info >>