CounterPulse partners with you by offering access to space, resources, marketing, and production support at subsidized rates to bring your already developed work to the stage. This is more support than a rental-house, but less creative and developmental support than our artist residency program.
The suite of support you receive when you co-produce with CounterPulse:
- Three performances
- One dedicated House Technician for all performances, production meeting, and tech rehearsal
- House Manager for all performances
- Production coordination
- Direct support from CounterPulse’s Producing Director
- Front of house and box office services
- Liability insurance coverage
- Support marketing package
- Online ticketing management
- Audience data
- Access to expertise
Who We Chose:
We are open to many different proposals from a wide variety of artists, and there are no hard and fast rules about who we will select. However, we tend to choose applicants who:
- Blend more than one performance genre or discipline. Collaboration with other artists is strongly encouraged.
- Are community-based and socially aware. We are interested in work that addresses current social, political or environmental issues.
- Have a distinct and compelling vision for how they would like to take advantage of CounterPulse’s physical space and organizational resources.
- We particularly encourage queer artists, artists of color, and artists with disabilities to apply.
Current co-production open calls
Due June 13, 2017: Full proposals for Spring 2018 Co-Productions. Co-productions are a subsidized, supported way to produce in the CounterPulse theater and be included in our curated season. Download LOI form to apply >>