Programs Administration Associate
CounterPulse is hiring for a Programs Administration Associate. This position supports administration in the communication and development departments of CounterPulse. You will implement front-of -house coordination, support grant writing, and help promote and sustain community relations. This is a strong opportunity for an emerging arts professional who’s interested in gaining a varied toolbox of skills associated with the fundraising, promotion, and patron services of an arts organization. This is a part-time, six-month contract position with the opportunity to grow with CounterPulse.
Review the complete position description here.
You’re enthusiastic about the arts and enjoy interacting with a diverse public. You’ve had some experience working in an office or at a non-profit and you’re ready to boost your knowledge of non-profit development and program administration. As a detail-oriented, task master you can’t help but build timelines and checklists. With ease you balance multiple project threads and timelines. You are confident navigating and organizing your work with web apps like Google Drive. You’re a strong writer with a great eye for copy editing. You understand the high-pressure flow that comes with organizing the many moving parts of event production. Building and maintaining relationships with all walks of people comes naturally to you, even over email. You’re a warm host and probably a good salesperson too.
CounterPulse fosters a creative and professional environment that reflects the diversity of San Francisco. We actively recruit a wide pool of applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation.
Working at CounterPulse:
Joining the CounterPulse team means joining a group of incredibly smart and dedicated folks who are driving a growing and changing organization. Our culture is artist-focused and highly collaborative. As a new staff member, you will have the chance to participate in meaningful conversations about the future of our organization, the impact we can have in our community, and the role of art in society. You will also have the opportunity to participate in selecting artists and envisioning our programming. We value the flexibility and perks of working at a small arts organization, and we think you will too. Here are the details:
- Half-time salary position, 20 hrs/week, $17/hour.
- A typical work week will include office hours on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday daytime, evening events as scheduled, and checking email daily.
- 50% Health and Dental Benefits
- Commuter Check available, pre-tax
- Free admission to events at CounterPulse and other Bay Area theaters
- 5 hours/month free rehearsal space
- Generous holiday, vacation & sick leave policy
- Ongoing training, networking and professional development opportunities
- Write a cover letter addressing why you want to work at CounterPulse, and how your prior experience is relevant to this position.
- Attach your resume.
- Email these items to firstname.lastname@example.org ATTN: Erica Dixon and Jeanne Pfeffer subject line: “Program Administration Associate” Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Applications requested by Friday, March 20th.
Fellowship opportunities can be found here