House Manager Job Description
Interested applicants, please send a short cover letter and resume to:
email@example.com by February 26, 2016.
The CounterPulse House Manager is responsible for all Front of House operations during performances and events at CounterPulse, including hospitality, patron services, box-office services, and volunteer management. This position reports to the Program Manager, James Fleming.
Our CounterPulse House Managers are responsible for the following:
- Delivering a safe and welcoming performance experience for all crew, volunteers, artists, and audiences.
- Overseeing all public interactions during event , providing an excellent audience experience .
- Ensuring all public spaces are presentable and hospitable.
- Act as the point-of-contact for all patron inquiries, artist ticketing inquiries, and/or emergencies during the performances. Communicate any issues to the CounterPulse staff as needed.
- Correspond with artists on specific show requests (including late seating, show start time, etc.)
- Train and manage all volunteers in their duties (including box office, and general ushering)
- Manage box office, including checking in online ticket buyers and selling tickets
- Complete financial reports, production documentation and show report forms
- Answer incoming phone calls
Why work at CounterPulse:
- Joining the CounterPulse team means joining a group of incredibly smart and dedicated folks who are driving a growing and changing organization.
- Our organizational culture is artist-focused and highly collaborative.
- We value the flexibility and perks of working at a small arts organization, and we think you will too.
- The position will be hired on a event-by-event basis.
- Standard call times are 4-hour blocks (including 2 hours setup time before the event, and 30min break down after the event), this may change depending on show needs.
- You are hired as an Independent Contractor (1099)
- $17/hr starting rate, with opportunities to grow and advance
- 5 hours of free studio time per month
- Complimentary admission to all performances as available
Candidates should have experience working with the public and have strong organizational and communication skills; box office or other theatre experience helpful. Restaurant hosting and other fast paced public-facing position very relevant. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Training will begin second week of March 2016.
Fellowship opportunities can be found here